Announcing the opportunity for you and your team members to purchase a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, or hoodie that commemorates your participation in the 38th annual Washington State Knowledge Bowl Tournament!
Notes on the Shirts & Hoodies:
- You can pre-order your shirt/hoodie NOW to ensure that you don’t miss out on this opportunity: XXXVIII Washington State Knowledge Bowl Tournament T-Shirt/Hoodie.
- Sales will remain open until 03/08/20 at midnight.
- The shirts are available in both adult and ladies cut sizes
- The cost for the t-shirt is $16.00 (+ tax); the long sleeve shirt is $21.00 (+ tax); the hoodie is $26.00 (+ tax).
- Add $1 for ladies cut sizing on t-shirts; +$4 on long sleeve shirts.
- Students will have the option of adding their personal name, team name, or school name on the back of the product they choose for an extra $6.00 (+ tax).
- ALL shirts ordered before the deadline will be delivered to you at the State Tournament, free of charge, and handed out by school groupings at the opening meeting.
- To clarify, no shipping costs are incurred IF you order before the tournament delivery deadline noted above.
- FYI, you will add your school name in the required field during checkout to ensure a smooth handoff of shirts by school groupings at the State meet.
- For questions about the shirts/hoodies, please contact Sam Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each of the nine ESDs (Educational Service District) in Washington State hold regional Knowledge Bowl competitions. Regional competitions are held between November and early March. Each ESD decides the format that will be used in their respective regions and how many regional competitions will be held.
The regional tournaments that determine which teams will advance to the state tournament typically take place in February or early March. The number of teams each ESD region is allotted for the state tournament varies with the number of schools that compete at each division (based on Washington Interscholastic Activities Association classification) in each ESD region. The top 18 teams in each division (top 9 in 1B division) advance to the state tournament.
The format for the state tournament begins with a written round of 50 multiple-choice questions with a 35-minute time limit. Up to six team members may participate in the written round. This is followed by four Preliminary oral rounds of 50 questions each, setting the stage for the Semi-Final and Championship rounds, also oral rounds of 50 questions each. Only four team members may compete in the oral rounds. For this purpose, substitutions are allowed at the half-way point (after question 25) of each oral round.
WA State Knowledge Bowl Coordinator: Chris Cloke email@example.com