Camas Knowledge Bowl qualified two teams for this year’s State Tournament that we attended this past weekend in Arlington, WA. While Camas #2 (represented by Daniel Fan, Jesse Lester, Monica Chang, and Abigail Jiang) just narrowly missed qualifying for afternoon competition, Camas #4 managed to take 3rd place out of all 4A schools! That’s quite an accomplishment for the kids. To give you an idea of how close the competition was, we missed out on being state champions by only 3 points! Camas #4 was anchored at State this year by Rachel Duquette, Jason Kim, Chemay Shola, Calvin Taylor, and Noah Thompson (Colton Ratcliff was unable to attend). Congratulations, Camas Varsity #4 (Camas #1 at the tourney). Both teams are already plotting and planning for next year’s run!
Finally, don’t forget about the Knowledge Bowl dessert/awards banquet in the CHS North Commons this week on Wednesday night. We’ll start having snacks, desserts, and refreshment about 5:30. Awards will start at 6:00. I plan to be pretty brief and hopefully have us out of there between 6:30-6:45 at the latest. FYI, we’ll be handing out about 20 academic letters Wednesday night, as well as 30 or so service bars!
If you haven’t signed up yet to bring a sleeve of cookies or some other favorite treat, it’s not too late. A little bit goes a long way if you can help contribute. Sign up here: “Dessert” Sign Up.
Looking forward to celebrating the season with you tomorrow. See below for the full agenda.
CHS KNOWLEDGE BOWL – AWARDS NIGHT AGENDA, 03/23/16 from 5:30-6:30
Overview of Evening – Get dessert first at about 5:30, then Awards starting at about 6:00.
- Official Welcome (about 6:00)
- About Knowledge Bowl at CHS:
- How many members and teams? 55 members made up 4 Varsity and 7 JV teams.
- Our league – Columbia Gorge – 6 Schools including Camas, Stevenson, Columbia Adventist Academy, White Salmon, HeLa, Union. 12 Varsity and 15 JV teams.
- What are the meets like? Written Round, Oral Rounds, Round Robin Format.
- Our Region – SW WA, ESD 112. 26 Schools with 42 Varsity and 42 JV teams total.
- Knowledge Bowl Statewide – All 9 ESD Regions participate, with 200+ schools involved this year.
- Season Summary – How did our teams do this year? (Results, certificates, plaques)
- Varsity League – We finished 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 8th out of 12 teams in our league.
- JV League – We finished 1st, 3rd , 4th, 7th and 8th out of the 15 JV teams in our league, out of 42 in region.
- 5 out of 7 JV teams qualified for the JV Regional Tournament: They placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th.
- 5 Varsity teams competed at the 4A Regional Tournament, placing 3rd, 7th, 8th, 10th, and 11th out of 12.
- One Varsity team qualified for state and they took 6th Place in the 4A State tournament, pretty awesome!
- Awards – Participants will be called up by team, photo opps.
- JV Team Participant Awards & Letters (for Reg. Tourney Participants) – Camas #1 JV, then #2 JV, and so forth.
- Varsity Team Participant Awards and Letters – Camas #1, #2, #3, #4, etc.
- Conclusion, and looking ahead – Many thanks to the kids for a fine and fun year. Thanks especially to the graduating seniors. We will miss you! And thank you so much to the parents for supporting our program.