Greetings, Skyridge Knowledge Bowlers!
We are almost at the finish line for our season. This email covers some of the final notes for next week’s big District Tournament that is set for Tuesday, 2/19, @ Shahala (ALL teams), as well as info on our intramural scrimmage that is set for 2/20. Speaking of the District Tournament …
- Odyssey/PBL students will be early released on this day (Tuesday, 2/19) at 1:05. They will grab their stuff and report immediately to the bus lane for a 1:15 PM loading and departure.
- Skyridge students will be early released on this day (Tuesday, 2/19) at 1:35. They will grab their stuff and report immediately to the bus lane for a 1:45 PM loading.
- I will let teachers know about the early release, but students are responsible for checking in with them to see about any missed work.
- We arrive at Shahala by 2:00 and plan to start the written round about 2:15. We hope to begin the oral rounds around 2:45, or as soon as the classrooms are set up and clear of Shahala students.
- Parents are more than welcome to come and watch the oral competitions.
- As mentioned earlier, this event will run longer than a typical meet due to a championship oral round that takes place between the top three teams in each bracket of the tournament. We always hope to finish the final oral championship rounds by about 5:30-6:00. It’s hard to tell with 8 schools and 150 students involved how things will go, but we hope it goes smoothly. It usually does.
- There will be a return bus to Skyridge, but you’re more than welcome to pick up your student at Shahala.
- If you do pick up your student, please find me in the Shahala commons area near the stage and check out with me before departing so I have an accurate count for the return trip.
- By the way, this meet is different than the normal matches we’ve had this year. There are two tournaments happening concurrently. The varsity leg of the tournament is made up of one team from each school competing against each other. The junior varsity or “international” leg of the tournament is made up of teams of students mixed together from the various schools in our league. It’s a fun format that we’ve had a lot of success with in the past.
Finally, we voted at the pizza party last week (thanks for the donations, by the way!) on whether to do a Skyridge scrimmage match between our six teams on Wednesday, 2/20, to try and make up for some of the lost participation this season. It was pretty unanimous among the students that we attempt to do that. So the plan is to start the written round during flex time in Mr. Hunting’s room. I’ll work to arrange getting Odyssey students to Skyridge a little early that day so they can also participate. After the written round, we’ll aim to begin the oral rounds at 3:50. If all goes smoothly, we should wrap up between 5:00 and 5:15. And that will conclude our season. I know this is short notice for families and schedules are busy, so if you can’t make it, no worries. But please let us know if that’s the case.
Email if you have questions … Cheers!