Well, after a month of practice, our first competition is nearly upon us. Here are the details for this week’s meet and practices:
- Monday night, 11/02/15, from 6:00-8:00 PM, we’ll have our annual pizza practice. This is where we’ll reveal the first draft of teams, eat pizza, and do a couple of quick practice written rounds. Students, please try to be there if you can.
- Wednesday is our first Round Robin tournament of the year. Students will be early released from 6th period at 1:50. They will report to the North Commons to help greet and prepare for the written round.
- We should wrap up around 5:30, give or take 15 minutes or so if all goes according to plan.
- I’m looking for some help with set up snacks in the North Commons. If any parents would be willing to help out with this, please let me know.
- I’ll provide water, chips, cookies, and various treats to help with the refreshments at the half way mark in the meet, but we typically ask players to help out by bringing a sleeve of cookies or a bag of chips (or something else), if they can. Sign up here: https://goo.gl/3UQsdt
- Parents are always welcome as spectators during the oral rounds at the meets.
- Practices this week are Monday – Wednesday, and Friday, as per normal.
P.S. I’ve pasted in the proposed schedule for the meet.
PROBABLE SCHEDULE: Below is a summary of the basic schedule. I will send some more detailed info in a later email.
1:50-2:10 – ARRIVE, MEET IN THE NORTH COMMONS.
2:15 – WELCOME.
2:30 – WRITTEN ROUND. (and meeting for readers and timers in room 710)
3:15 – FIRST ORAL ROUND. (Afterwards, go to North Commons for scores and snacks.)
4:30 – SECOND ORAL ROUND.
5:30 – FINAL RESULTS, ETC. – – NORTH COMMONS.