RR#3 Meet Info

Dear Knowledge Bowlers,

This is a quick update on the plan for the Knowledge Bowl meet that’s scheduled to take place at Stevenson High School next Wednesday, 1/11/17, including yet another reminder about possible weather related scenarios in our League. Yes, there’s the threat once again of inclement weather in the Gorge next week, and possibly even in our area, which could interfere with our meet.  

Here are the details for the meet:

  • Stevenson High School has requested a little earlier start time for the meet than we’re accustomed to (2:00 PM),  so we’ll do an early release from 5th period at 12:30.  Students: Please make arrangements with your 5th and 6th period teachers for work missed on Wednesday.
  • Report to the flag pole bus loading area as soon as possible after release. We will depart CHS at 12:45. By the way, if you know that you won’t be able to attend this meet, for whatever reason, please email me and let me know, as well as your team, please. 
  • We should arrive at SHS by about 1:45 PM then start the meet right around 2:00. If the meet goes well, we plan to be wrapping up by about 5:00-5:30 PM.
  • We will have dinner en route home. At this point, it looks like we’ll be stopping at Andrew’s Pizza in Stevenson. Students will need to bring money for dinner and/or a dinner of their own.
  • If all goes as planned, we should be arriving back at CHS between 7:30-8:30 PM, but, as you know, one slow room and/or technical difficulties can delay the entire meet. I’ll send out updates via Remind on our status.

Once again, If for some reason you’re unable to make it to the meet and you haven’t yet informed me and your team, you need to let us know immediately.


Here is a reminder of our standing policy regarding meets and weather:  Basically, if even one school is unable to attend the meet due to inclement weather, the meet will not be held that day.  This usually means postponing the meet, as opposed to cancelling it.  Our first attempt would be to reschedule the meet for the following Wednesday, which in this case would be January 18th.  If for some reason that first make-up date does not work – for example, the host school is not available that date, weather strikes again, semester finals conflicts with the plans – the next move is to use an open Wednesday date later in the year, as agreed upon by all schools as the best choice.  On rare occasion we have had to cancel a meet.

Keep in mind that for most districts, if school is closed on a given day due to weather, all after school activities that day are cancelled, meaning in a case like this that the k-bowl team cannot travel to nor host a meet.  This might also be true if school has a late start, but sometimes a late start won’t result in cancellations.  I’ll email Wednesday morning if I hear of a need to reschedule.

Please email with questions … thanks for your help and support of Camas Knowledge Bowl.


Permanent link to this article: https://kbowl.mistergweb.com/gorge-league/rr3-meet-info/