Meet #2 Reminders

Dear Knowledge Bowlers,

This is a quick update on the plan for this Wednesday’s Knowledge Bowl meet, including information about possible weather related scenarios in our League.

Our students will be early released from 6th period at 1:25.  Their teachers have been notified.  They should report immediately to the flag pole bus loading area for check in and loading.  Once we arrive at Washougal High School at about 2:00 PM, we’ll be on the following schedule:

  • 2:00 ——- Arrive, and gather in Commons.
  • 2:15——– Welcome and Instructions (Commons)
  • 2:30 ——- Written Round (All teams in Commons)
  • 3:15 ——- Oral Round #1
  •  *Between  the Oral Rounds – Return to the Commons for Snacks*
  • 4:30 ——- Oral Round #2 (TBA, this will be announced in the Commons)
  • 5:30 ——- Return to the Commons for Final Results

We typically end our meets between 5:30 and 6:00, once all teams are finished and results are reported/tabulated. Please keep in mind that even one slow room and/or tech problem can delay the end time.  I’m forecasting a return to CHS between 6:00 and 6:30.  If you need to pick up your student at Washougal High School, that’s fine.  Please let me or Mrs. Kim Newman (Knowledge Bowl assistant coach) know that you’re going, preferably ahead of time.


We just received a reminder from up in White Salmon/Stevenson (two of the schools in our League) that the forecast warns of the possibility of freezing rain up their way for Tuesday night and/or Wednesday morning, if the conditions all line up .  Yikes.  Nothing has happened yet, and it may not develop, but it is a good idea to know what to expect regarding our meet on Wed, just in case.

Here is a reminder of our standing policy regarding meets and weather:  Basically, if even one school is unable to attend the meet due to inclement weather, the meet will not be held that day.  This usually means postponing the meet, as opposed to cancelling it.  Our first attempt will be to reschedule the meet for the following Wednesday, which in this case would be Wed. Dec. 9th.  If for some reason that first make-up date does not work – for example, the host school is not available that date, or weather strikes again – the next move is to use an open Wed date later, as agreed upon by all schools as the best choice.  On rare occasion we have had to cancel a meet.

Keep in mind that for most districts, if school is closed on a given day due to weather, all after school activities that day are cancelled, meaning in a case like this that the k-bowl team cannot travel to nor host a meet.  This might also be true if school has a late start, but sometimes a late start won’t result in cancellations.  I’ll email Wednesday morning if I hear of a need to reschedule.

Please email with questions … thanks for your help and support of Camas Knowledge Bowl.


Permanent link to this article: