Meet #1 @ WHS, Notes, etc.

Good Afternoon, Knowledge Bowlers!

At long last we are almost to our first competition. This is a quick update on the plan for the Knowledge Bowl meet that’s scheduled to take place at  Washougal High School this Wednesday, 11/8/17, including a reminder about possible weather related scenarios in our League. Yes, there’s the threat of inclement weather in the Gorge this week which could interfere with our meet.  

Here are the details for the meet:

  • Washougal High School has requested a little earlier start time for the meet than we’re accustomed to (2:00 PM),  so we’ll do an early release from 6th period at 1:30.  Students, your teachers have been notified, but please make arrangements with your 6th period teachers for work missed on Wednesday.
  • Report to the flag pole bus loading area as soon as possible after release. We will depart CHS by 1:40.  You snooze, you lose …
  • We should arrive at WHS by about 2:00 PM then start the meet shortly after that. If the meet goes well, we plan to be wrapping up by about 5:30-6:00 PM.
  • If the meets end on time as predicted, we should be arriving back at CHS between 6:00-6:30PM, but, as you know, one slow room and/or technical difficulties along the way can delay the entire meet. I’ll send out updates via Remind on our status.

By the way, if you know that you won’t be able to attend this meet, for whatever reason, please email me and let me know, as well as your team, please. 


Here is a reminder of our standing policy regarding meets and weather:  Basically, if even one school is unable to attend the meet due to inclement weather, the meet will not be held that day.  This usually means postponing the meet, as opposed to cancelling it.  Our first attempt would be to reschedule the meet for the following Wednesday, which in this case would be November 15th.  If for some reason that first make-up date does not work – for example, the host school is not available that date, weather strikes again, semester finals conflicts with the plans – the next move is to use an open Wednesday date later in the year, as agreed upon by all schools as the best choice.  On rare occasion we have had to cancel a meet.

Keep in mind that for most districts, if school is closed on a given day due to weather, all after school activities that day are cancelled, meaning in a case like this that the k-bowl team cannot travel to nor host a meet.  This might also be true if school has a late start, but sometimes a late start won’t result in cancellations.  I’ll email Wednesday morning if I hear of a need to reschedule.

Please email with questions … thanks for your help and support of Camas Knowledge Bowl.


Permanent link to this article: