Greetings, Knowledge Bowlers!
Our 1st meet of the season is scheduled for this next Wednesday, 11/07/18, at White Salmon Columbia High School. Here are the details:
- Students will be released at 12:10, somewhere near the middle or just after the beginning of your 4th period class.
- Your teachers have been notified, but please make individual arrangements with your 4th through 6th period teachers for work missed that Wednesday.
- Upon release, report immediately to the flag pole bus loading area in front of CHS. We will depart by 12:15.
- Bring homework and anything you’d like to work on with you on this trip.
- A Lunch crew, please swing by 710 after release to help collect equipment for trip, etc.
- We should arrive at White Salmon by about 2:00 PM. If the meet goes well, we plan to be wrapping up the meet by about 5:30-6:00 PM.
- We will have dinner en route home. At this point, it looks like we’ll be stopping at Pietro’s Pizza in Hood River. Students will need to bring money for dinner and/or a dinner of their own.
- Think about a group of people you could go share an order with. Ordering in groups will save us a lot of time. I’ll have groups start calling in orders after you complete your 2nd oral round and we’re waiting for the final scores to be tallied: 541-386-1606
- If all goes as planned, we should be arriving back at CHS between 8:30-9:00 PM.
- Please have a ride ready by calling/texting ahead as our return time gets more and more clear.
- Don’t forget that the day after the meet is a late start day, so you’ll get to sleep in. Yahoo!
If for some reason you’re unable to make it to the meet and you haven’t yet informed me and your team, you need to let us know immediately. Please email if you have questions.
P.S. And a quick reminder that guest coach and knowledge bowl coach/CHS retired teacher extraordinaire Dale Croswell will be the one chaperoning you to this meet. Mr. Bohac and I will both be out of town.