Greetings, Knowledge Bowlers!
It’s once again that time of the year to fire up CHS Knowledge Bowl and get ready for the season, however that may look. In preparation for the year, we will hold our first informational meetings and practices starting on Tuesday, 10/06/20, in a lunch time Zoom meeting. Never done Knowledge Bowl? No sweat. Show up and we’ll get you squared away with the wonderful world of bowling for knowledge!
Just like in year’s past, practices will eventually be held four days a week, but initially we will start off with just two days of practice per week (Tuesday and Thursdays during lunch) as we begin the process of building a model for what knowledge bowl looks like in a remote setting. Please show up during your regularly scheduled lunch time (12:05-12:35) starting the week of 10/06 (Tuesdays and Thursdays) to reconnect with your k-bowl compadres, get some info for this year’s season, and hopefully do a little practice.
- Practices will eventually happen Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday during lunch, from 12:05-12:35.
- Remember, no practice on Wednesdays this year, but the rest of the days you’re welcome to come and hang for your lunch period in our digital Zoom space.
- To begin with, though, for the first couple of weeks we will be holding practices just on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- At some point we will be splitting practices this year with one group working with Mr. Bohac and another group with Mr. Greene.
The next big reminder is that we have to limit the number of Knowledge Bowl participants, if necessary, to 60 total. When we’ve had 60+ participants in the past, which is great in terms of turnout, it’s made it tough for us to compete since the League limits the number of teams we can have and the size of teams is limited to six participants. It has also lead to uneven participation for the JV squads whereby some teams have had to sit out from meets, which is no fun for those teams. On top of that, we can’t get more than about 60 on a bus for our away meets, thus it’s really kind of a necessity. So … the first 60 to have all of their registrations and related paperwork completed will be the ones participating this year.
Speaking of which, your successful registration and enrollment in Knowledge Bowl this year consists of the following time sensitive actions:
- Clicking on the online registration link and filling out the form. I’ll use this form for gathering some basic information I need for the season, as well as for sending out a Zoom link for our practices next week. No online registration, no Zoom link for you!
- Filling out the paperwork and permissions form to be completed and emailed back to Mr. Greene. This is a fillable PDF form that you can make a copy of, fill out, then save and email back to me. If you have problems with this form, you can print this and fill it out by hand, scan it, or even take pictures and email them to me (least preferred option). You’re also welcome to drop this off at CHS if that suits you better.
- Signing up and/or updating your Remind info to receive vital info about k-bowl via text, email, and/or app. If you’ve done this in the past, you should just need to verify your membership in this group and the related settings: https://www.remind.com/join/4428864
Looking forward to a great, fun year hanging out with you all and bowling for knowledge. As always, email with questions. We’ll see you on 10/06/20 … Cheers!