Greetings, Knowledge Bowlers!
It’s time for us to form teams and get ready for competition. Here’s some info for that process.
We always want to do well in Knowledge Bowl, but we also want to have fun. Part of having fun and doing well is being with people that share your interests and desires. To that end, I’m asking for your input on the people that you’d like to work with this year.
Whenever possible, I’ll try to honor your wishes and desires as I work to put together the magnificent puzzle that will be our 4 Varsity and 6 JV teams. Inevitably, though, there will be some issues to work through with this, so please help me help you and let me know if you have concerns or comments. Thanks in advance for your patience, grace, and flexibility with this process. Those things are, afterall, part of being a good teammate.
Couple of reminders about the team selection process:
- If you have a prepackaged team where 6 of you have agreed to form a team, please just have one person (maybe the captain or designated form filler outer?) submit the form so that there’s less stuff to sift through on my end.
- Teams can and will cut across lunches and grade levels.
- We are limited to 6 on a team and will need to have 6 on each team due to our awesome turn out. If you have less than 6, remaining spots will be filled.
- If you’re not sure who to choose or you don’t really care, maybe just select one or two or three others that you’d be comfortable working with potentially. I’ll do my best, but the more legwork you do on your end, the better the results usually are for you.
- You must login to the team form with your CSD#117 Google logon to begin the process of selecting your potential teammates.
- Use this link to give your input for the teams this year: https://forms.gle/WLUPZf3SBQrYdMkF7
Please complete this by end of lunch on 10/25/21 (Mon.) to have your input considered.
The first draft of teams will be revealed a couple of days after the deadline for team selection has come and passed. You will meet up with your full team for the first time after school during conference period in a REQUIRED MEETING on 10/28/19, from 2:54-3:20 in room 710 if you’re JV, and room 506 if you’re on varsity. The purpose of that meeting is to do a quick practice mini-written round and to talk strategy for the first meet. Please plan on being at this REQUIRED MEETING so we can take care of our teams and get the practice needed for our first meet.
Questions? Email me or come see me or Mr. Bohac during practice in 710 and 506 respectively.