Announcing the opportunity for you and your team members to purchase a t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, or hoodie that commemorates your participation in the 35th annual Washington State Knowledge Bowl Tournament!
Notes on the Shirts & Hoodies:
- You can pre-order your shirt/hoodie NOW to ensure that you don’t miss out on this opportunity: XXXV Washington State Knowledge Bowl Tournament T-Shirt.
- T-Shirts and long sleeve shirts will be a heavyweight, 6.1 ounce, 100% cotton (preshrunk), adult-sized athletic charcoal OR navy shirt.
- The hoodie will be a 7.8 ounce, cotton/poly fleece
- The cost for the t-shirts will be $14.00 (+ tax); the long sleeve shirt is $20.00 (+ tax); the hoodie is $25.00 (+ tax).
- Students will have the option of adding their personal name, team name, or school name on the back of the product they choose for an extra $4.00 (+ tax).
- Sales will remain open until 03/08/17 at midnight.
- ALL shirts will be delivered to you at the State Tournament, free of charge, and handed out by school groupings at the opening meeting.
- To clarify, no shipping costs are incurred when you select the “Pick-up Free” option at checkout that appears after you put a zip code in for shipping.
- Finally, please be sure to add your school name during checkout to ensure a smooth hand off of shirts by school groupings at the State meet.
For questions about the shirts/hoodies, please contact Sam Greene: email@example.com
Each of the nine ESDs (Educational Service District) in Washington State hold regional Knowledge Bowl competitions. Regional competitions are held between November and early March. Each ESD decides the format that will be used in their respective regions and how many regional competitions will be held.
The regional tournaments that determine which teams will advance to the state tournament typically take place in February or early March. The number of teams each ESD region is allotted for the state tournament varies with the number of schools that compete at each division (based on Washington Interscholastic Activities Association classification) in each ESD region. The top 18 teams in each division (top 9 in 1B division) advance to the state tournament.
The format for the state tournament begins with a written round of 50 multiple-choice questions with a 35-minute time limit. Up to six team members may participate in the written round. This is followed by four Preliminary oral rounds of 50 questions each, setting the stage for the Semi-Final and Championship rounds, also oral rounds of 50 questions each. Only four team members may compete in the oral rounds. For this purpose, substitutions are allowed at the half-way point (after question 25) of each oral round.
WA State Knowledge Bowl Coordinator: Chris Cloke firstname.lastname@example.org