WHAT IS IT? Knowledge Bowl is kind of like a team Jeopardy competition. A school’s Knowledge Bowl team is made up of a total of 3 or more smaller teams, each consisting of 4 – 6 team members. Our school’s teams compete against other teams from neighboring schools to see who can answer the most questions in math, science, history, English, social studies, etc. During each competition, teams compete in a written round (45 multiple-choice questions) and two oral rounds (45 questions each). The winning team is based on the total number of questions answered correctly in all three rounds.
WHEN IS IT? This year the season will run from early February through to almost the end of March. Before each practice, students will meet directly after school in room 206 for a quiet, supervised study session. Practices usually run from 3:15 to 4:00 in that same room. We practice Monday through Thursday until the meets begin in late February. Once the meets start, practices will be held only on the days we’re not meeting, but never on Fridays. Sometimes we have to split the team into two different practice squads on an “every other day” practice schedule to accommodate the large number of kids who turn out, but historically that’s been pretty rare. Please note that there are no practices or meets scheduled on any of the Fridays during the season.
To receive important updates about happenings for Skyridge Knowledge Bowl, please visit the following sign up link:
- Knowledge Bowl Welcome Letter & League Schedule
- Skyridge Knowledge Bowl Calendar
- Skyridge Team Rotations 2016-17
- Mandatory Transportation Permission Form (.pdf)
- Directions to Meets from Skyridge (.pdf)
- Practice Oral & Written (CSD #117 Login Required)
- Oral Round Practice Questions (.pdf)
- Written Round Practice Questions (.pdf)
- Sample Kbowl Questions
- Study Stacks (various subjects)
- English Grammar for Knowledge Bowl