What a year, Knowledge Bowlers! Thanks for taking the time to come to the annual dessert/awards banquet this last Tuesday night, 3/28, to celebrate our growth and success. We handed out 23 academic letters, 47 service bars that denote each year of involvement in knowledge bowl past the first, and 29 “lamp of knowledge” pins for those just beginning their CHS Knowledge Bowl careers. Wow!
Here’s a quick recap of the season:
- How many members and teams? 68 members made up 5 Varsity and 7 JV teams. Last year’s total roster was 55!
- Our League – Columbia River Gorge League (CRGL) – including Camas, Stevenson, Columbia Adventist Academy, White Salmon, Union, and Washougal. 15 Varsity and 15 JV teams. Camas has 12 of those 30 teams.
- Our Region – SW WA, ESD 112. 26 Schools with 42 Varsity and 45 JV teams total. The region stretches from Ilwaco at the coast, to White Salmon in the Gorge, and north to Kelso/Longview.
- Knowledge Bowl Statewide – All 9 ESD Regions participate, with 200+ schools involved this year.
- Varsity League – We finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th out of 15 4A teams in our league.
- JV League – We finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd , 4th, 5th, and 7th out of the 15 JV teams in our league, out of 42 in region.
- JV Regional Tournament – 5 out of 7 JV teams qualified. They placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 8th out of 9 at the tournament this year.
- 4A Regional Tournament – 5 Varsity teams competed at the, placing 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 8th out of 9.
- One Varsity team qualified for state (Camas #1) and they took 4th Place in the 4A State tournament, pretty awesome!
Many thanks to the kids for a fine and fun year. Thanks especially to the graduating seniors. We will miss you! And thank you so much to the parents and guardians for supporting our program.